- Conversations with young children about sex and relationships
Lisa Handy, project manager at Coram Life Education, the leading provider of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education in primary schools across the country, offers her expert advice on how to talk to young children about sex and relationships.
- How do I know which video games are suitable for my child?
Parent Zone’s Yusuf Tamanna looks at five video games your child might ask for, the PEGI rating they have, and what this means.
- Mood-altering substances – everything you need to know
Maryon Stewart, founder of the Angelus Foundation (now Mentor UK), offers her expert advice on how to talk to your child about legal and illegal substances that may alter their mood or behaviour
- Child-friendly T&Cs: what parents should know
What exactly is your child signing up for when they tick that little box to use an online service? By Parent Zone.
- Resisting the latest appearance trends
- How to spot fake news
We’ve heard a lot about fake news recently but what is it? Nicky Cox, editor in chief of First News, offers advice for parents.
- Meeting others: the particular challenges for LGBTQ+ children
It’s important that children and teenagers feel able to talk to and relate to people as they grow up, so they can share experiences, develop their confidence and know that they’re not alone, but this can be particularly difficult for LGBTQ+ children and young people. Here, we look at some ways they can interact with their peers safely. By Parent Zone’s Yusuf […]
- Ten tips for talking to your child’s school about bullying
Ten tips for talking to teachers if your child is being picked on at school.
- Are you worried your child might see something inappropriate online?
The internet is a public and open place, one where anybody can post and share content. This is all part of the fun, but what happens if your child sees something they shouldn't? CEOP offers advice.
- I wish…