- Five tips for starting a new school
Starting at a new school is one of the most daunting experiences we all face at a young age. Here are our top five tips to help your child tackle their first week with ease and confidence.
- Talking to your child about suicidal thoughts
There has been substantial media coverage of the Netflix Series 13 Reasons Why. The drama has been accused of inaccurately portraying, or even glamourising, suicide. Dr Alys Cole-King Clinical Director, of the Social Enterprise Connecting with People, and Dr Stan Kutcher, Sun Life Financial Chair in Adolescent Mental Health, offer advice to parents on talki […]
- Yellow: what parents need to know
Yellow is a popular mobile app. Thinkuknow – the education programme of The National Crime Agency’s child protection command CEOP – has created a guide for parents on how the app works and what your child needs to know about how to use it safely and sensibly.
- It’s no game – how to tell if your child is addicted to tech
How video games can draw players in and what parents should do if they think their child is hooked.
- Snapchat – a parent's guide
Everything you need to know about the hugely popular picture sharing app.
- Helping your child celebrate their cultural background
- How listening to your child can be as important as talking to them
How parents can develop their listening skills to help their child open up about self-esteem issues.
- Helping your child cope with peer pressure
The good and bad influence of friends and classmates and what parents can do if peer pressure is having an adverse effect.
- How social media affects your teen’s self-esteem
- The miscommunication minefield
How learning to speak ‘teenage’ could help communication and build confident in your child.