The week commencing 12th November is Anti-Bullying Week – this year’s theme is Choose Respect.
Peer mentors will be leading on the assemblies this week and they will also be hosting some games during lunch times in the plaza for students to come along and take part in.
Following a consultation with over 800 children, teachers and members of the Anti-Bullying Alliance, it emerged that a top priority was showing that bullying is a behaviour choice, and that children and young people can set a positive example by opting to respect each other at school, in their homes and communities, and online.
- We will also be holding Odd Sock day on Friday 16th November
- Poster and Poem Competition – Students can hand in their posters to student services up until KS3 / KS4 lunch time on Friday 16th November
- Bullying is a behaviour choice
- We can respectfully disagree with each other. We don’t have to be best friends or always agree with each other but we do have to respect each other
- We all need to choose to respect each other both face to face and online