8. Personal Guidance
Summer Term Activities
Intentions for Year 11 are collected half termly and based on this information, students are supported based on their next steps:
- Central Sixth – one to one interviews with a member of staff to identify courses that will allow them to move on at Heath Park.
- College – talks and workshops with local providers on the range of courses and how applications can be made. A library of college prospectuses is available to all students and tutors support them in their applications.
- Apprenticeships – workshops with local providers looking at the courses on offer and how they allow progression.
Individual interviews are held with all Year 12 students to determine their next steps. Based on this:
- Form groups are adapted to ensure that students are groups to receive the support they need for their individual pathways
- All students applying to university are allocated to a personal tutor to support the completion of their personal statements. Tutors monitor the academic progress of students looking to go to university so that they understand their current level of attainment and the impact of this on their choices
In addition to this:
- SEND students supported with an EHCP to receive additional support as part of their annual reviews
- Students regarded as at risk of NEET are identified and further support is provided by Connexions through the local authority