Free School Meals Scheme
We are keen to support all our students and with our ever decreasing budget we are always looking at ways in which we can sustain the highest education delivery possible for our young people.
We are offering a scheme to encourage the take-up of Free School Meals across Years 7 to 11.
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if you or your partner receives any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
It is extremely important that students in Years 10 and 11 who are eligible for Free Schools Meals register, as when they move into Post 16 education they will meet the criteria for the Bursary Scheme which is up to £600 per annum (paid direct to the student). It will also enable other financial support including reduced cost for school trips and in some cases free school meal students will go free.
Letters are coming home via the students on Friday 27 September 2019. If you feel you fit the criteria for your child to receive free school meals please complete the slip and return it to the school reception. Please note all information supplied will be confidential and kept securely and not used for any other purpose. Reply slips returned by 4th October (even with a ‘not eligible’ response) will go into a prize draw to win a £50 Amazon voucher.