Road Safety Advice
Staying safe at all times is important when crossing the road or when near road traffic.
Below you will find some guidelines and advice on road safety for children.
Knowing the Green Cross Code
To follow the code, you should:
- find a safe place to cross
- stand on the pavement near the kerb
- look all round for traffic and listen
- if traffic is coming – let it pass then look all round again
- when there is no traffic near, walk straight across the road
- keep looking and listening for traffic while crossing
When walking along the road
- always walk on the pavement or path if there is one – never stray on to the road
- walk as far away from the kerb as possible
- walk in single file on the right side of the road facing the traffic if there’s no pavement
Below is a short gallery of road safety advice images. Please take time to have a look and make yourself more aware.