School Nursing Drop-Ins From Year 9 Onwards
As a school we are fully committed to supporting our pupils in all aspects of their lives. Our roles as educators is to do all that we can to guide our young people through life’s daily challenges and help to prepare them for those they will face in the future.
We endeavour to ensure that we have curriculum, tutorial and pastoral provisions in place to maintain the emotional and mental well-being of all. PSHE (personal, social and health education) is delivered through our weekly assembly schedule, tutorial sessions as well as a range of external experts, speakers and workshops that provide Heath Park students with a range of support.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise that we continue to receive support from the School Nursing Service.
From Year 9, pupils have access to confidential advice and support from the School Nursing Service via a ‘drop-in’ provision.
The Nursing Team is available for the following services on a fortnightly basis:
- For young people to discuss any health concerns or worries
- Advice and support regarding diet, weight management, puberty, smoking, alcohol, mental health, relationships, social media, contraception and others
- C Card registration service and distribution of condoms where there is an identified need
- Chlamydia testing if requested
- Pregnancy testing if requested
- Onward referral onto other services
All young people who access the service are entitled to their confidentiality and information will only be shared if the young person or someone else is at risk of significant harm.
We would encourage you to visit www.wolverhamptonhealthyschools.org.uk, the website for the Children and Young People’s Health Improvement Team where there are links to other local services.
Head of School