During the winter months, there are occasions when we may experience adverse weather conditions.
The safety of our students and staff are of extreme importance to us during this time, as well as parents and carers travelling to drop off their child.
If the headteacher decides, in light of local circumstances, to close the school due to adverse weather – then the following procedures apply.
- The school will update the website within seconds of the decision,
- The Headteacher will inform the designated officer at the Local Authority and the information will be posted on the “Wolverhampton Today” Facebook page and the Wolverhampton City Council Twitter feed by the designated Local Authority Officer,
- The news will be published on the school Twitter and Facebook account. The twitter feed can be found at twitter.com/heathpark_ and Facebook at facebook.com/heathparkschool
- The school will also send out a push notification alert to smartphones with our app installed. You can download our app on the App Store or Google Play Store by searching SZapp and adding Heath Park as your school
- Radio stations will be informed of the decision, although this may take a while to be announced or find its way onto their own websites.
You can use the links below to download our app.