Minimum Grade 4 GCSE in Art & Design and English
Who is it for?
This course is for students who are passionate about Art & Design and are looking to build upon and extend their skills gained at GCSE. Art & Design at Post 16 gives students exposure to different aspects of Art & Design, allowing them to display their abilities and demonstrate their understanding of different contexts.
- Personal Investigation
- Controlled Assignment Including a piece of extended writing analysing and interpreting the work of others.
- Personal Investigation – for this unit, students must use personal starting point(s) to produce a major project that shows working through a range of Art & Design experiences
- Controlled Assignment – for this unit a question paper will be dispatched, students are expected to choose one starting point from which they will generate appropriate work for submission. The student must realise their work in a controlled time period of 15 hours.
These qualifications support progression into further education, training or employment, such as:
- Foundation Studies in Art & Design
- Higher National Diplomas in Art & Design
- Foundation Degrees in Art & Design
- Honours Degrees in Art & Design
Design Assistant/Trainee, Trainee Technical Illustrator, Trainee Graphic Design Assistant, Junior Art Worker, Desktop Publishing Assistant, Technical Illustrator, Junior Graphic Designer, Junior Product Designer, Assistant Copywriter, Production Runner/Assistant, Post Production Runner, Broadcast Assistant, Archive Assistant, Animation Assistant, Assistant to the Camera Crew, Junior Designer, Junior Researcher, Web Coordinator, Trainee/Assistant Photographer, Digital Assistant, Trainee/Assistant Photographer, Trainee Investigative/Crime Scene Photographer, Junior Minilab Printer, Junior Digital Imaging Technician, Costume/Wardrobe Assistant, Community Arts Admin Assistant.
Ceramicist, Exhibition Designer, Fashion Designer, Fine Artist, Furniture Designer, Glass Designer, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Product Designer, Interior Designer, Jewellery Designer, Make-Up Artist, Medical Illustrator, Prosthetic Artist, Forensic Artist, Museum/Gallery/Conservatory Photographer, Press Photography, Print maker, Production Designer for Television, Textile Designer, Teacher, Art Therapist.